Saturday, August 12, 2006

Big day

We've hired the babysitter for pretty much all day tomorrow (Sunday) because it's a big day for me:

I am going to FINISH the damn dissertation.

(Well, the full draft to send to my committee for final review, that is.)

I'll keep you posted on my progress, but here are the day's tasks:

1. Proof chapter 1
2. Proof chapter 5
3. Light-moderate revision of chapter 4
4. Light-moderate revision of chapter 3
5. Revise intro in light of chapter 3 & 4 revisions
6. Send chapters to committee W00t!

Then, over the next week, I'll be sure my footnotes are all in the correct style (I'm assuming most are) and finish a massive update of the bibliography. Woohoo!

Please pour libations to the margin-checking gods to help me secure a close-to-the-deadline appointment with Grad Studies to turn in the final document. I need every extra day I can get for final revisions, formatting, and chasing people down for signatures.

(Note: We don't do dissertation defenses in my department. The quals are grueling enough!)

6 comments:

Flavia said...

Whoo-hoo! Good luck & (preliminary) congratulations!

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Wooooo! I remember my "last day"... get ready for an anti-climax!

Wow, no defense? I've heard rumors that such schools exist. My defense was actually a really great experience and I'm glad I had to go through it, although I was absolutely terrified (particularly since my proposal defense had been such a bad experience and I was afraid of a repeat).

Anyway, good luck meeting all those deadlines!

JM said...

go you!

Flavia said...

P.S. My graduate school doesn't do defenses, either. So you're not the only one!

elle said...

and to think, i felt smug b/c i spent some time in the library today...

good luck.

Honeybee said...

Congrats!

My department has the same policy: quals but no thesis defense.