- I have serious night blindness. I was groping around in the bedroom on Sunday night and managed to hit the edge of the door head-on--and hard. Crack! went my nose. It still hurts. It's broken, but the bruising is very faint. Yay for that.
- When the other kids' moms show up at daycare, the toddlers shout "Mama!" or "Mommy!" What does Lucas yell? "Money!" Lest you think I bribe him to attend daycare, you should know "Money" is actually "Munny," a combination of Mama and Bunny.
- Lucas is obsessed with bunnies these days. So much so that if he sees something he wants, he shouts "Bunny!"
- The weather here has been beautiful. As in highs of 84 degrees. In August. In Crazy Hot Valley. Need I remind you that last summer, the average temperature (for night and day combined) was 87 degrees? With highs of 113? And that our air conditioning went out and we had to stay in motels with a baby and a dog?
- We haven't had the air conditioning on for two or three days. Astounding.
- Money is tight again. I've been careless with the old impulse buys. So I declare August to be no-plants-and-no-books month. I'll just putter around the garden, which is easy since it's been cool enough that plants won't spontaneously combust as they usually do during the summers here.
- I've begun jogging again. I'm aiming for 2-3x per week to start, a mile each time. Any more than that and my legs punish me the next day.
- I'm loving my new job at the teaching resources center. Lots of creative outlets!
Many thanks to all of your advice on the daycare situation. We're sticking with Serena for awhile, and we had some good discussions with her, too. Very productive!