I'm leaving the list a bit open-ended right now, so that I can add things as I wish. As of January 1, 2008, this list has 77 items. My end date is September 28, 2010.
- Renew IRB approval for dissertation research
- Revise dissertation into book [in progress]
- Submit final draft of article to journal [done!]
- Secure IRB approval for project on collectors and collecting
- Make 30 key contacts for project on collectors and collecting
- Write “scrambled eggs” paper on chicken eggs and fertility anxieties
- Begin tentative research for that other women scientists fertility project
- Write at least 2x week at Clutter Museum [getting closer to this]
- Write 2x month for MuseumBlogging
- Write 2x month for Multicultural Toybox
- Update blogroll quarterly
- Clear my desk completely on the first and fifteenth of each month. [I'm revising this to once per month -- and keeping up with it]
- Finally type up and notarize our wills.
- Create spreadsheet to better track debt repayment, retirement savings, investments.
- Get important papers in order.
- Buy a fireproof lockbox and use it to store important papers.
- Get passports for Mr. Trillwing, Lucas, and me. (I know, I know. . .) [Applied for my own]
Business and Professional (3)
- Follow up on one idea related to project on collectors and collecting.
- With Mr. Trillwing, think through his work hours/options. [always in progress]
- Update my personal website with professional content.
- Learn digital illustration: sketch and color, as in the Sunday comics. [getting there, thanks to my new Wacom tablet]
- Complete three moderate-sized paintings.
- Complete one themed series of 15-25 photos using newish digital camera.
- Create some artwork and list it on Etsy any see if anyone bites.
- Paint model horse resins that have been sitting around for a few years. [in progress]
- Self-publish book of poetry, probably through Lulu.com.
- Collaborate with Mr. Trillwing on a big writing project.
- Write one chapter per quarter of novel that’s been brewing for years.
- Sew a skirt.
- Make a collage. [making a vision board]
- Draft text of children’s book.
- Shop around children’s book, or illustrate and self-publish on Lulu.
- Finish one scrapbook.
- Take a class at a craft center.
- Attend one poetry or fiction reading quarterly.
- Start or join a fiction writing group.
- Take Lucas for walks in regional nature preserves at least 4x year.
- Take Lucas to Yosemite. [done!]
- Plan Hawaii trip with Mr. Trillwing.
- Establish regular family meals. [we eat breakfast together, but not yet dinner]
- Fly a kite with Lucas.
- Potty train Lucas. [almost there!]
- Get guitar lessons and make practice time for Mr. Trillwing. [done!]
- Write, or record with multimedia, at least quarterly letters to Lucas.
- Dress more professionally, especially during non-summer months. [so far so good]
- Buy one spring/summer dress in which I really look terrific.
- Pay down all credit card debt. [chipping away at it. . .]
- Save up three months of emergency savings. [now a 2009 resolution]
- Restart mutual fund and stock investments—including an IRA for Mr. Trillwing. [investments restarted, except for Mr. T's IRA. Update: I withdrew funds right before the big stock market crash. Crafty I am, except that I needed the money to spend. *sigh*]
- Make significant progress on student loan debt. [making regular payments, sometimes above the minimum]
- Identify “top 5” nonprofits for annual giving (categories: environment, education, women, peace and social justice, health) [semi-finalists thus far: Nature Conservancy, my alma mater, American Friends Service Committee or Friends Committee on National Legislation, Children's Organ Transplant Association, American Cancer Society]
- Set up account for Hawaii trip w/Mr. Trillwing.
- Stay in better touch with good friends from high school and college.
- Host two big-ish events for my friends each year.
- Meet in person three bloggers I read. [done!]
- Have Dr. Wonderful's and Fantastic Mentor’s families over for BBQ once weather warms up.
- Send 20 thank-you notes. [Sent thus far: 3]
- Surprise Mr. Trillwing with 20 handmade gifts. [Thus far: 5]
- Spend more quality time with the dog. [done--and since Woody is no longer with us, I'm busy trying to transfer my affections to Obi]
Home and Garden (6)
- Grow one. damn. tomato. [done! Grew many!]
- Improve composting process—get a bin. [improved process, but still binless]
- Expand backyard garden. [done! Built two raised beds, with plans for more]
- Have carpets professionally cleaned each January or February (and in July or August if the budget allows).
- Organize garage. [in progress]
- Complete one major decluttering/purging project at least every other month. [in progress]
- Bicycle to work at least 3x week when weather permits (between 35 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and not in heavy rain) and I'm not sick.
- Walk at least 30 minutes 4x week for three consecutive months.
- Pilates or yoga by video 3x week for three months, then decide whether or not to continue or to try something else. [began this and lost interest, though I know it would be helpful]
- By September 28, 2010, be able to run 30 minutes without being too winded.
- Get new more stylish glasses. [done--but I'm already getting tired of them!]
- Get more comfortable contact lenses. [done!]
- Take another stab at attending unprogrammed Friends meetings.
- Do a weekend fruit and juice fast.
- Find a place to take dressage lessons, and start horseback riding again.
- Get a new mattress. [done!]
- Prepare at least one new main dish every other month. (I’m interested in cooking, but I don’t love it.)