Sunday, February 17, 2008

An anniversary

I'm not sure of the exact date, but it was 9 years ago this week that I met Mr. Trillwing. I chronicled our meeting in some detail in this post from 2006 and this post (in response to question #2) in 2007.

In 1999, we were two people who really didn't know how to be in this kind of relationship. I'm so grateful that we figured out (well, mostly) how to be together.

I have the great good fortune to share my life with an incredibly bright, creative, righteous (in a good way), wacky, and funny partner. Thanks for making room for me in your life, Sweetie.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? I've heard the man was a scalawag and a scoundrel in his former life who married way above his position. Are you sure we're talking about the same person?

I'll bet he didn't even remember this anniversary. The more I know about this guy, the more I'm convinced you could have done better... but I'm glad you didn't.

Thanks for nine exciting years, the Captain Kirk action figure on our wedding day, a half a dozen places to live, one amazing son and a retirement plan that doesn't involve jail, skid row or the business end of a gat.

I don't deserve you, but I'll take you just the same, no matter how many times you 'out' me on your blog. Here's to many more overlooked anniversaries together!

~Mr. Dr. T

Arbitrista said...

Awwwww....

Seeking Solace said...

Cheers to the both of you!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

You two are just so sweet.

Heather Clisby said...

So ... how many socks have you darned over nine years? ;-)

Anonymous said...

you guys are so cute, congrats!

ArticulateDad said...

Mazel tov. Here's to another 9, then another 18 after that. You know, /Chai/ has the numeric value of 18, and a "double chai" is supposed to be very lucky. ;)