1. People stop subscribing to/advertising/otherwise supporting newspapers.
2. Newspapers lay off people in droves. Or they close altogether.
3. Newspapers decline in quality and shrink in size.
4. Fewer people read newspapers.
5. Mr. Trillwing, a newspaperman, finds out many of his responsibilities are being outsourced to someone whose labor is even less expensive than his. He loses about 1/3 of his take-home income.
6. We decide to save some of the money we lost by getting only the Sunday paper.