Monday, February 20, 2006

Inspiration for trillwing

All right--I can't remember (and my searches won't turn up) which wonderful academic blogger mentioned she had created a flyer to motivate herself to work, but I loved the idea. So I decided to steal an image (from the California Academy of Sciences website) of my favorite scientist and dissertation subject, Alice Eastwood, to create this:
Many thanks to the blogger from whom I'm stealing this idea (anyone remember who it is so that I can give credit?) and to Ms. Eastwood herself. She was a dear.

4 comments:

New Kid on the Hallway said...

I think it was What Now?. That's a GREAT flyer! (I think I need to make one.)

Breena Ronan said...

That's hilarious!

What Now? said...

It was indeed I, but my flyer is not nearly as fabulous as yours is! You are clearly more adept at making your computer do lovely things.

I hope that the flyer proves inspirational!

ArticulateDad said...

When I was writing, I put a picture of my "protagonist" on my desktop, so he could stare at me, until I was done. The picture was reminiscent of the famous Steichen portrait of J. P. Morgan.

The reward was I could put up a picture of my sons as soon as I finished, and I did. Now I have one of the examples from my dissertation (my favorite) on my desktop, until I submit this article. Then, what'll I do?

I like the idea of a poster though. And yours tops the cake.