Thursday, February 16, 2006

Linky goodness

I've come across some great stuff in the past few days, so I thought I'd share it here.

The endangered Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus needs our attention. (h/t to kermitthefrog)

My favorite Chronicle of Higher Education columnist, the pseudonymous Thomas Benton, writes that "there is more than one way to skin a dissertation."

Flower-shaped urinals. Nuff said. (h/t to she falters to rise)

P.S. Does anyone else obsess about whether punctuation belongs inside or outside HTML link tags? Yep, I thought it was just me.

3 comments:

MJ said...

P.S. Does anyone else obsess about whether punctuation belongs inside or outside HTML link tags? Yep, I thought it was just me.

Outside, definitely. :-)

And I love "Thomas Benton," whoever he is, too.

The Poodle's Friend said...

Oh yeah, I totally obsess about that. My way around it is to put the link in the middle of a sentence.
The flower-shaped urinals are hilarious.

Leslie O. said...

Inside, all the way, yo. Though you can tell I don't worry enough about punct. Or spelling. Or grammar.

My obsess: is it OK to retroactively edit a blog, or am I tampering with a snapshot of time, bad sentence endings and all? But I think maybe five people read it, so like it matters, LOL!