Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A little bit of good news

1. I don't have to fill out a FAFSA this year. Because I. am. almost. done. with. my. degree.

My, that feels good to say. Now I just need to remove "almost" from that sentence.

2. I found out today that I'm being nominated for a university-wide award for graduate student teaching. Fantastic Adviser sent a message out to the department's undergrad listserv asking if any students wanted to share any thoughts about my courses, and she said the response was overwhelming. I heart American Studies students and faculty; I wish I could have earned my degree in that department, but alas! alack! they have no grad program (hence my opportunity to teach for them).

More good news on that front: Whereas I usually struggle to fill my summer courses because there just aren't enough students around to really warrant holding them, I already have 25 signed up for this spring's offering on life in the 1890s. Yay!


Breena Ronan said...

Congrats! That's awsome!

deepThoughts said...

Wow! Congratulations!!

What Now? said...

Well, I'm not surprised, because how fabulous is a course on life in the 1890s?! I want to take it myself.

ArticulateDad said...

Go, you!

Dr. Mon said...

May congrats all around--especially on the award nomination!!