Saturday, December 16, 2006

The year in review

A meme last seen at The Queen of West Procrastination.

Instructions: Record the first sentence of the first blog post of every month this year.

January: So. . . It's been a while since I've posted. Apologies all around. [an auspicious start to the year]

February: A word cloud generated for this blog:

March: I am giving up sweets. [Bwaaaahaaahahahahahahahahaha!]

April: In our little family, Mr. Trillwing sees himself as a "drain on the ticket."

May: Chapter 4 is fully drafted and I'm thinking it's pretty strong.

June: New meme, anyone?

July: While I tried letting Lucas cry it out a few times, it only ever worked that once, when he crashed in just under half an hour.

August: Mr. Trillwing, our resident agoraphobe, has decided he's outgrowing his need to hole up in his office.

September: "Huh-huh-huh"--spoken in triplet rhythm--was my late grandfather's way of saying "dog crap."

October: How many clothes do you have to take off before you can reveal your breasts?

November: Every month, readers of the H-SCI-MED-TECH list on H-Net receive a request for assistance in improving a particular Wikipedia entry related to the history of science, science studies, or the sociology of science.

December: The intersection of Payroll/Benefits and Trillwing is not a pretty place, as I'm learning in my transition to my new job.

Yeah. . . Sorry about the boring early-month posts. I'll try to fix that.


Queen of West Procrastination said...

Those are fun! Especially September and October. (And, for some reason, I'm able to comment on your blog today. I don't pretend to understand Blogger.)

ScienceWoman said...

Actually, I remember more of your posts given the first line than I do my own. Any posts that contain dog crap or breasts in the first sentence must be memorable. Note to self.

May-B said...

I love October. That is a great start to any month.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Hey! That last comment was from one of my cousins!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Trillwing.