Saturday, February 10, 2007

Alphabet meme

As seen at Rev. Dr. Mom's place.

A- Available or Single? Nope. Married and thrilled about it.
B- Best Friend? I have a few. Mr. Trillwing, Breena Ronan, and Daughter of Famous Marxist Literary Theorist Who Doesn't Like People Around Here to Know He's Her Father Because She Doesn't Understand His Work, Either.
C- Cake or Pie?
Cake. Unless maybe it's a crumb-top apple pie in the autumn
D- Drink of Choice? I don't think I have one. If it's alcohol we're talking about, I'm a strawberry margarita (but only if made with real strawberries) or amaretto sour woman.
E- Essential Item? Laptop. Also clothing. I don't like to feel exposed.
F- Favorite Color? I don't have one--I seem to like all of them. This is a problem when it comes to dressing and decorating.
G- Gummi Bears or Worms? Blech.
H- Hometown? The LBC. I currently live about 400 miles north of there.
I- Indulgence? Renting a house instead of an apartment; daycare for Lucas. Big indulgences, no?
J- January or February? February, because the flowers start to bloom.
K- Kids and names? Lucas, age 17 months.
L- Life is incomplete without...? Mr. Trillwing, good food, and books.
M- Marriage Date? July 2002 (I almost wrote "July 2005," which would have made it a shotgun wedding.)
N- Number of Siblings? One fabulous sister.
O- Oranges or Apples? Either, if they're in season and tasty. I like my orange juice pulpy and my apple juice as freshly pressed but chilled cider.
P- Phobias/Fears? Losing Mr. Trillwing or Lucas.
Q- Favorite Quote? Oh, there are so many. At our wedding we used the first stanza of Yeats's "The Two Trees," which begins "Beloved, gaze in thine own heart, / The holy tree is growing there. / From joy the holy branches start, / And all the trembling flowers they bear." The lines remind me to remain true to myself.
R- Reasons to smile? Friends, family, finishing the damn Ph.D.
S- Season? Spring for weather, summer for fruit
T- Tag 3 people? Anyone who wants to join in, please do.
U- Unknown Fact About Me? I'm messy with paper. My desk is a distaster area. That makes me brilliant, n'est-ce pas?
V- Vegetable You Hate? Mashed potatoes. Bleah.
W-Worst Habit? Procrastination, hands down. (See "blogging.")
X- Xrays You've Had? Dental, spine. Also lots of radiation (at age 17) to kill my friggin' NASCAR thyroid. (NASCAR in the sense that it was both too fast and carrying some white trash genes)
Y- Your Favorite Foods? Vegetarian stuff. Thai especially. Also desserts.
Z- Zodiac? Gemini. For those of you playing along:
Individuals born under this sign are thought to have a sociable, fun-loving, versatile, communicative, liberal and friendly character but one which is also prone to moodiness, changeability, superficiality, laziness and impatience. In terms of anatomy, Gemini is said to rule the shoulders, upper arms, nerve fibers, lungs, thymus gland, trachea and bronchi, structural features of the clavicle, scapula, and humerus. . . .

Among medieval astrologers, Gemini was thought of as a fortunate sign, and its subjects were considered to possess the qualities intense devotion, genius, largeness of mind, goodness, and liberality.

(info from Wikipedia, which I can now cite since I'm not teaching and no longer need to be a role model)

I love that shit about Gemini and the body. I mean, the thymus and clavicle? Really? Who's keeping track?

No comments: