Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Inspirations to creativity

I've been casting about for inspirations to creativity. I really need to visit some art museums; I always find the more playful examples of art revive my creative impulses.

Fortunately, my internet addiction has also paid off in spades. One example: For the past year or so, I've been listening to the Craftsanity podcast by Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood. I enjoy crafting, but I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a crafter, since I do it so infrequently these days. Nonetheless, I enjoy listening to Ackerman-Haywood's interviews with crafters who have made some kind of livelihood or social contribution with their work. I especially like the stories of people who have taken their passion and combined it with writing.

The podcasts are kind of long and rambling, but that's a huge part of their charm. I feel as if I've settled down into a room where a couple of really bright, interesting people are having a conversation about everyday things about which they're passionate.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Well, if you were to wander yourself down here, I really want to head to the Oakland Museum.. and their 100 Families: Art and Social Change exhibit. And I'd LOVE company!!