Thursday, July 12, 2007

I rock. Dr. Brazen Hussy says so.


Dr. Brazen Hussy has bestowed upon me a Rockin' Girl Blogger award. This is what she had to say about moi:
She's got blogging dedication that I can't even begin to understand. Hell, she even got a job offer because of one of her blogs! And she often writes long, well-thought out posts on interesting topics that I admire very much.

Thank you, Dr. Hussy!

And now I shall return the favor by picking out five bloghers whom I feel rock. Now, since I am a contributing editor over at BlogHer, you might know that I follow the feeds of 650, ahem, a lot of blogs. So 'tis very hard to pick just five. I could easily make a list of 100 (and perhaps sometime I will). (And just for the record, I totally would have included What the Hell is Wrong with You? if Dr. BH hadn't nominated me herself.)

1. Phantom Scribbler: Phantom rocks for so many reasons. Her generosity, her candor, her writing that's hilarious and thought-provoking by turns--and sometimes both at the same time.

2. Liz Losh of virtualpolitik: However many readers virtualpolitik has, it's too few. Liz brings the sexy back to rhetoric. I don't know how she finds the time to write so many meaningful posts on visual and textual cultures.

3. Geeky Mom, Ph.D.: Laura always writes thoughtfully and articulately--yet with passion--about issues I care about. As a bonus, she writes at a second blog as well: ETC @ BMC.

4. Queen of West Procrastination: Because Maryanne is funny. Very funny. And since she's still a grad student, she helps me remember what it was all about. And for that I am grateful.

5. Nina Simon of Museum 2.0: Nina is a relative newcomer to the blogosphere, but I love her posts about how museums can use web 2.0 concepts online and in exhibition halls, on the screen and off.

Keep up the good work, everyone. You all (all my readers) rock!

2 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

That's so nice! And right at the perfect time, when I was feeling particularly non-clever.

Phantom Scribbler said...

Aw, thanks so much, trillwing!