Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Manic

All my life, I've been prone to tackling too many projects at a time. I'm in a particularly project-manic stage right now. There's so much possibility, and so many things I enjoy doing, and for once I'm actually optimistic about my own future.

But I'm painting (a crazy brilliantly colored quail), revising my dissertation, blogging hither and yon, reading several books at once, mothering, transitioning from one career position to another, researching a couple of different topics, gardening, and more. And there's an old novel I'd like to revisit writing. But there's never enough time, and I can't seem to focus on just one thing at once.

Plus I'd like to have another baby in the next couple of years. Is that crazy? I suspect it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not crazy. but surely enviable!

grumpyABDadjunct said...

Crazy and oh, so familiar! Except for the novel, I can't imagine writing a novel.