Tuesday, January 31, 2006

BlogHer. . . and coming out

If you haven't visited BlogHer in the past few days, you should check it out, as the site relaunched on Monday with a new format that features a few dozen contributing editors on a broad spectrum of topics.

Because I don't already have enough on my plate, I volunteered to be the contributing editor for Research and Academia. A few times a week, I'll be trying to fulfill BlogHer's mission by putting together surfing guides on current issues in the academic blogosphere. I'm still building the extensive blogroll for this category, but if you wish to recommend any academic or research blogs by women, please e-mail me or post in the comments. You're also welcome to stop by BlogHer and submit the link to the blogroll yourself.

I'm blogging under my own name on BlogHer. The Clutter Museum has never been anonymous--I like to think I blog pseudo-pseudonymously. I've never made a particular attempt to hide who I am, but I keep my full name off of this blog so that it's not the first thing that comes up when someone runs my name through Google. I'd appreciate it if folks here would continue to refer to me as "trillwing"--it's not a guarantee, I know, of any kind of anonymity or privacy, but it makes me feel a bit better about the whole blogging affair.

Thanks so much, and please check out the new BlogHer.

No comments: