- Lucas and I went to visit my parents for the weekend. It was a crazy fast trip, but not too rushed, since I had Friday off for Cesar Chavez Day. What's that, you say? You don't get César Chávez Day off? My, your state must suck. ;)
- My laptop's new LCD screen arrived, but it was the wrong size. When I went to take a photo of the old screen's connector cable for the vendor, I tweaked a wire someplace and now the computer puts itself to sleep and won't wake up. Yay me. And of course the laptop is out of warranty. Thank god I'm not dissertating.
- Lucas is speaking more words now, and they're coming in a cascade. He's so much fun to be around these days.
- The passenger across the aisle from me on one of my Jet Blue flights was escorted off the plane before it even took off, and his expulsion was totally unjustified. I call bullshit. Story at 11--I'm too tired right now to blog about it, but let's just say I owe Jet Blue a letter of righteous indignation, 'K?
- Work this week appears to be a series of endless meetings. Wednesday includes lunch with a bigwig from the nonprofit foundation that supports my campus's course management software of choice. Should be interesting, but I suspect I shouldn't open my mouth because my sarcasm regarding this system is reaching mildly epic proportions.
- I'm blogging from home, using my laptop from the office. It's a lovely machine, even if it is a couple years old. It makes me not want to really repair my old computer, except that we can't afford to purchase even a refurbished Mac right now. Bleah.
Damn, I love my family. Thanks, guys, for being a part of my life.