Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Yay!

Medium-big Yay!: Biggish tax refund means we can pay down an anxiety-producing, high-minimum-payment chunk o' debt.

Really Big Yay!: Got a conditional acceptance (pending minor revisions) on an article I had revised and resubmitted to a history journal. History! Woohoo! Look at me bein' all archival 'n' shit. If on the off chance any of you recently were reviewers for an article about women in museums in the late 19th and early 20th centuries (you know, the piece that drew rather awkwardly on standpoint theory), thank you for your thoughtful comments.

For those of you keeping track, that's one submission down, two to go. If the kind editor of that academic press would get back to me on my dissertation book proposal, I'd very much appreciate it. Ditto on the anthology chapter proposal. Thanks! (See, here's my plan: If I get a book contract and a couple of decent publications, I'm going back on the academic market. I'm not ready to get back into teaching quite yet, but I do want to know if a Ph.D. in cultural studies is the ultimate turn-off to hiring committees, and I'll never know unless I make myself a Very Attractive Candidate in every other way. Plus, I want to publish, dammit. Always have (from age 3). Always will.

(Which means I need to get around to writing those model horse, scrapbooking, and egg articles. American Studies much?)

No comments: