Saturday, July 15, 2006

Busy busy

Last night I finished a complete overhaul of Chapter 2 of the diss. Once Fantastic Adviser returns her comments, I'll send it back to the other readers for their (I hope!) final approval, along with the Intro and chapters 1, 3, and 4. Chapter 5 is still in the works.

This weekend is also chock full of paper grading. Students in my material culture class turned in a batch last week and, while I've skimmed them, I have yet to begin grading in earnest. They're due back to them on Monday, though, so tomorrow will be all about the grading.

Tonight, however. . . Ah, tonight--assuming Lucas sleeps--is set aside for some good, old-fashioned indexing. During my tenure as a grad student here, I get called upon every year or two to index some professor's book. The pay isn't fabulous, but the little extra cash helps. The book this time is about the environmental justice movement in NYC, and so far it's pretty damn interesting, which always makes the indexing more pleasant. And yes, if you have a book in the humanities or social sciences that needs indexing, I'm happy to help--just not this month! :)

I'm looking forward to the BlogHer conference at the end of July. Anyone else attending?

Photos from the photo meme have been delayed for a few days while I dig through this pile o' work. Many apologies, but they are coming soon. . .

No comments: