Monday, July 31, 2006

First illness

We had excellent childcare at BlogHer, but apparently Lucas brought a souvenir home with him: an upper respiratory infection. Woohoo!

His nose started running like a spigot yesterday afternoon, and by 11 p.m. he had a raging fever. So off to the ER we went like good first-time parents. We returned home at 1:30 a.m.

We're all a bit sleep-deprived here, as you might imagine. I feel so sorry for the little guy.

But his illness does give me an excuse to snuggle with him today instead of finishing grading all those papers. Thanks, Luke! :P

BlogHer conference reflections and reports coming soon, I promise. . .

3 comments:

ScienceWoman said...

I hope he's feeling better soon!

JM said...

let this be his first lesson in hanging out with 20-something hotties, unprotected. :)

posthipchick said...

Did they report him taking a long nap? Because I think he was the one napping in the bed while I pumped.