Friday, July 21, 2006

Music recommendations

Mr. Trillwing is largely responsible for introducing me to my current favorite artists. Many of them have come out with albums in the last couple of months, and they're all terrific. If you have the time, head over to your favorite music store or mp3 venue to sample them:

Kris Kristofferson's This Old Road
Neil Young's Living with War
Bruce Springsteen's We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions
Johnny Cash's American V: 100 Highways (nice review here)

Plus, I heartily recommend a new-to-me artist, Antje Duvekot, whose Boys, Flowers, Miles is just terrific.

Sorry I'm not more thorough with reviewing music, but in this household, Mr. Trillwing holds that franchise.

1 comment:

Jeff Mather said...

You probably will like Neko Case -- especially the Fox Confessor Brings the Flood album. You may have already heard her, but I know Mr. T has an inclination toward male alt-country singers.