Sunday, May 18, 2008

Memery: Survivance

The old "page 123" meme is going around again. Here are the instructions:

Pick up the nearest book.
Open to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next three sentences.

But I'm going to do this meme with a twist (and I invite you to join me): Pick out a photo using Flickr's Advanced Search--check the Creative Commons box to find photos you can use and modify--and place your quote on it. Use one of your quote's words as the search term. (I used "dominant.")

Once you have your sentences, place them onto your selected image. (My sentences were long, so I only included two.)


Click on the image to enlarge it.





The source of the text is Antonio López's essay "Circling the Cross: Bridging Native America, Education, and Digital Media" in Learning Race and Ethnicity: Youth and Digital Media, edited by Anna Everett and published by the MacArthur Foundation and MIT Press in 2008.

The background image is a photo by Charles Roffey and is used under a Creative Commons license.

No comments: