Saturday, August 30, 2008

Potty-training boot camp

Posting here will continue to be light, despite the long weekend. . .

. . . because we're having potty-training boot camp. Day 1 went as well as can be expected, and by the end of the day, Lucas was telling us when he needed to pee, although typically he gave us about 2 seconds' notice. We'll work on that tomorrow.

If you have any tips from the trenches, I'd love to hear them. We're using the method described by Dr. Sears in his big baby book--basically Lucas is running around bare-bottomed in the backyard or in underpants in the house, potty always nearby. We reward him with stickers and wind-up toys.

BTW, in one week, Lucas will be 3 years old. Unbelievable. I'll try to post some photos soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I have no advice- my daughter was still wearing diapers until her 4th birthday! All I can say is good luck to you!