Tuesday, November 21, 2006

$12.35

That's how much I spent on this evening's Christmas shopping spree for Lucas.

For $12.35, I bought for Lucas:

- a wooden tool playset
- a wooden percussion instrument set
- a wooden farm animal puzzle
- Your Personal Penguin by Sandra Boynton (hilarious!)
- The Belly Button Book by Sandra Boynton (also very funny)

And for me, the December issue of Parents magazine, which Rhonda kindly let me know illustrates a fertility article with chicken eggs. Thanks, Rhonda!

Why was so much stuff so inexpensive? Because of my Borders Rewards holiday savings account and my personal shopping day discount. Score!

Also, for those of you requesting photos of the handbag I made last night, I'll post a photo as soon as I figure out how best to attach the straps. And then I'll need your help deciding whether or not to add some fancy-schmancy design elements to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thumbs up, thrifty mama.

Have I mentioned lately how easy it is to hate the world bank and yet how many citations it requires to render an intelligent, contextually appropriate critique of it?

carpel-tunnel-inducingly yours,
Susan M

Anonymous said...

The belly button book is my FAVORITE. Nice giftage.

Anonymous said...

What a deal! :)