Sunday, November 12, 2006

Whoooooooooaaa

New glasses: Why must there always be that brief period of adjustment? You know, the one where all the angles look wrong, as if the walls are tilting inward or outward, or where 3D things seem a bit flatter and 2D things seem a bit more 3D? And this pair has the exact same prescription as the last pair, but I guess the frames require the glass to curve slightly differently or something. Weird.

Usually I get over this disorientation within a day. Let's hope it's just disorientation and not effed up glasses. . .

Wish me luck in not getting a headache. Ick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what's with that? It always makes me worry that the prescription is wrong. And then when my eyes adjust that isn't exactly comforting either, because what if they adjusted to the wrong prescription?

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Is it weird that I used to like that odd disorientation with new glasses?

Of course, my Mom was always driving when I got them. I don't know how well I'd drive, when the whole world goes loopy lop-sided.

Field Notes said...

Whenever I get new frames I spend 2 or 3 days tripping up *and* down steps. It goes away! You know that thing they do in the exam when they have you say when the two images are perfectly side by side or right on top of each other? Well, I've walked away many a times with new glasses wondering if I wasn't trying hard enough during that portion of the eye exam...