Thursday, November 02, 2006

Mushrooms and cheese, side of depression

Aside from creeps looking for photos of the Clutter family murders (something I'd never heard of when I started this blog, BTW), the top three searches that lead netizens to this blog may be "depression academia," "poems about cheese" and "mushrooms growing in carpet."

If you're here looking for depressed academics, cheesy poems, or mushroomy carpets, I'm happy to help.

Many apologies, however, to the person searching for "playing French horn while pregnant." I'm afraid I can't help much there.

Ditto for the person looking for "analyze chapter 4 of the shipping news by annie proulx." Do your own work, dammit.

And then there are my parents, who can never remember the URL of The Clutter Museum, nor can they apparently figure out how to bookmark something, so they always do a search for "clutter museum blog." I'm glad to know that after 11 years of being online, they finally know how to use the Google. (I know it's them because they live in a neighborhood that is identified by internet and phone service providers with a name that doesn't exist on any conventional map. C'est bizarre!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The In Cold Blood family, right?

Leslie M-B said...

Yep!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Those are officially strange search terms. The one that I most frequently get is "swiffer girl video." Except once Halloween started approaching, and suddenly everyone was looking for the lyrics to "C'est l'Halloween." Which is funny, because the only lyrics to "C'est l'Halloween" are "C'est l'Halloween" and "au jour d'hui," with a couple of "Hey"s.

I digress.

Anonymous said...

This song Rocks! Me & my friends shout it every year during this festive time...
C'est l'Halloween - Matt Maxwell

Les sorcières sortent le soir.
Les fantômes aussi.
Le ciel est tout noir.
Les nuages sont gris.
Est-ce que tu as peur
des méchants esprits?
O Monsieur,
Oui, oui, oui, oui, oui.

C’est l’Halloween (4X)

Pendant l’Halloween,
tu peux être ce que tu veux.
Un tigre féroce
Ou un serpent bleu.
Il se fait tard,
Tu rentres à la maison.
O Madame,
Non, non, non, non, non.

C’est l’Halloween (4X)

La lune, elle est pleine.
Le hibou, il crie.
De toutes les branches,
Pendent les chauve-souris.
Est-ce que tu as peur
de cette nuit?
O Madame,
Oui, oui, oui, oui, oui.

C’est l’Halloween (4X)

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! What a great writer you are. (Not that I didn't know this already!)
xo

ArticulateDad said...

Love it! I think posting search terms should be a regular occasional feature.