Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Oh, damn.

Lucas has hit a particularly cute and manageable stage of his pseudotoddlerhood. And I'm beginning to notice teeny-tiny-cutesy-wutesy-leetle babies again. And longing.

Am I friggin' crazy? Seriously.


(Lucas, day 1)


We can't afford another one now. But my hormones are saying: baaaaaaaby. . . must have baaaaaaaaby!

Yeah, on my adjunct's take-home of about $15,000/academic year*? I don't think that's going to happen.

*I recently figured out that I'm only bringing home about $250 more/month than I did as a TA. And I'm paying for health insurance now, which I didn't before, to the tune of $350/month. So yeah, I'm making less than I made as a TA and am teaching twice as many classes this quarter with 3x as much work. Yay me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, how cute!
yah...adjuncting sucks. who ever thought that up was just being mean.

Anonymous said...

It's a common form of insanity. I'm utterly sympathetic.

As for the salary, I feel your impotent rage, my friend.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Wow, Trillwing. I just realised that the only way you're making more than I am right now is the fact that I'm putting $6000 of my $15,000/year back into tuition.

Now I'm enraged for you.

Anonymous said...

You sure the photo wasn't of Lucas at 4 this morning? It's hard to see in the middle of the night...

~Mr T

ArticulateDad said...

Another good reason to get that faculty post, and soon. I'm all for lots of babies... I mean, the creeps and weirdos and fanatics seem all to have big families. We need to make baby-making more fashionable among the liberal-minded too.

Breena Ronan said...

Lucas was such a generic cute baby! Seriously, has anyone ever compared pictures of newborns? 'Cause they all look the same to me. Is that ageist of me?