Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Oh, damn.

Lucas has hit a particularly cute and manageable stage of his pseudotoddlerhood. And I'm beginning to notice teeny-tiny-cutesy-wutesy-leetle babies again. And longing.

Am I friggin' crazy? Seriously.

(Lucas, day 1)

We can't afford another one now. But my hormones are saying: baaaaaaaby. . . must have baaaaaaaaby!

Yeah, on my adjunct's take-home of about $15,000/academic year*? I don't think that's going to happen.

*I recently figured out that I'm only bringing home about $250 more/month than I did as a TA. And I'm paying for health insurance now, which I didn't before, to the tune of $350/month. So yeah, I'm making less than I made as a TA and am teaching twice as many classes this quarter with 3x as much work. Yay me.


Anonymous said...

awww, how cute!
yah...adjuncting sucks. who ever thought that up was just being mean.

Susan M said...

It's a common form of insanity. I'm utterly sympathetic.

As for the salary, I feel your impotent rage, my friend.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Wow, Trillwing. I just realised that the only way you're making more than I am right now is the fact that I'm putting $6000 of my $15,000/year back into tuition.

Now I'm enraged for you.

Anonymous said...

You sure the photo wasn't of Lucas at 4 this morning? It's hard to see in the middle of the night...

~Mr T

ArticulateDad said...

Another good reason to get that faculty post, and soon. I'm all for lots of babies... I mean, the creeps and weirdos and fanatics seem all to have big families. We need to make baby-making more fashionable among the liberal-minded too.

Breena Ronan said...

Lucas was such a generic cute baby! Seriously, has anyone ever compared pictures of newborns? 'Cause they all look the same to me. Is that ageist of me?