Monday, November 13, 2006

Happiness is. . .

. . .fitting into size 12 jeans again AND looking good in them. (Thank you, stretch denim.)

. . .fitting into a blouse I haven't been able to wear since before I was pregnant AND finding it's still pretty damn stylish.

. . .having my hair finally be long enough that I can pull it back from my face and into a half-ponytail.

. . .new glasses that are really quite cute.

. . .losing three pounds in a week without trying.

Woohoo!

Also happy: Having my TAs lecture twice in the coming weeks so that I don't have to prep for class. Yay!


(For balance, things happiness is not: a huge stack of papers to grade by Wednesday; making a really stupid gaffe while talking on the phone this afternoon to the chair of a department where I applied for a job; preparing a lecture on something I don't know much about, but on which my TAs are experts, and thus worrying about looking like a total fool; giant pile of job ads that need letters in the next 24 hours or so; head cold that seems wedged entirely in my throat and sweat glands. Ick!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for the happiness!!

sorry you are feeling sick though...