Thursday, November 02, 2006

Six words

Wired asked some sci-fi, fantasy, and horror writers to write six-word stories modelled on Hemingway's famous "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

Here are my favorites, in no particular order:

Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so.
- Joss Whedon

Longed for him. Got him. Shit.
- Margaret Atwood

The baby’s blood type? Human, mostly.
- Orson Scott Card

Dinosaurs return. Want their oil back.
- David Brin

Cryonics: Disney thawed. Mickey gnawed. Omigawd.
- Eileen Gunn

Leia: "Baby's yours." Luke: "Bad news…"
- Steven Meretzky

Starlet sex scandal. Giant squid involved.
- Margaret Atwood

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Extremely clever! I would like to try this myself.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, definately time to sponsor your own contest. I'm so glad you're out there to scout these things for us.

Heather Clisby said...

When wounded, run. 'Cuz blood rusts.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Wow. Are these ever brilliant. Remind me to show Chris. (And I love that Margaret Atwood did two entries.)

Ianqui said...

The David Brin one has a special place in my heart.