Sunday, March 12, 2006

It's all about me, me, me!

As seen at The Paper Chase.

What is your favorite word?
Too many to name. I heart language!

What is your least favorite word?
orientate (and other verbs with "ate" added on to them)

What turns you on?
Intelligence. A sense of humor. Tall people (yes, I can be shallow).

What turns you off?
Arrogance.

What sound do you love?
Lucas's laughter. Mr. Trillwing's giggles when he's cracking himself up and he doesn't know I can hear him

What sound do you hate?
Other people flossing. Ewwwww!

What is your favorite curse word?
Favorite? "By Grabthar's hammer!" But is it my most used? 'Fraid not. I need to work on that. . .

What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Novelist, community newspaper publisher w/Mr. Trillwing, freelance writer, museum consultant.

What profession would you not like to attempt?
Junior high school P.E. teacher. No thank you!

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive?
"Your friends and family are just over there waiting to say hello, having been raptured* at the exact same moment as you were so that you didn't have to watch them die or cause them any pain with your own death. Here's your pony."

*I use this term ironically, of course.

5 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

I am going to start using "by Grabthar's hammer" on a regular basis. I find it works best with a shaken fist.

effective nancy said...

Gosh, I thought it was more of an oath than a curse--isn't the whole line something like, "By Grabthar's hammer, I will avenge thee"? Regardless, it's always good to be prepared to be on "Inside the Actor's Studio." That James Lipton guy has a nice word for everyone.

Leslie M-B said...

Ah, yes. . . Of course it's an oath. But when one has a sixth-month-old who's beginning to babble some word-like sounds, one must be creative, especially when my alternative tends to be "f**k!" (See? I can't even type it here because the little guy is sitting next to me.) Besides, I think it'll be really cute when Lucas is a year or so old and is shouting "By Grabthar's hammer!" :)

Breena Ronan said...

I love it when James Lipton quizes people! Good answers!

ArticulateDad said...

As parents, we learn quickly. I remember a (thankfully) short-lived moment with the Painter who, when frustrated by some toy, took to calling it this fucket thing! It was quite a lot of work not to complete lose it when he did that. We resisted, and he's dropped it. :)