Wednesday, March 15, 2006

mp3 Magic 8-Ball game

As seen at Badgerings.

Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you?
"No More Auction Block for Me" (w/Odetta, Pete Seeger, et. al.)

Will I have a happy life?
"I Choose You" (Katie Kroll. A fabulous mp3 by a folksinging friend--a great listen if you can find it!)

What do my friends really think of me?
1. "Slumber My Darling" (Allison Kraus, Edgar Meyer, Mark O'Connor, and Yo-Yo Ma)
2. "Flinty Kind of Woman" (Dar Williams.)

Do people secretly lust after me?
"Once Again, One Day. . .Will You Be Mine?" (Chip Taylor and Carrie Rodriguez)

How can I make myself happy?
"Ring of Fire" (June Carter Cash. Fall irremediably in love with an addict plagued by a ton of self-loathing? Check!)

What should I do with my life?
"All American Girl" (Melissa Etheridge)

Will I ever have children?
"Sunny Came Home" (Shawn Colvin. Uh oh.)

What is some good advice for me?
1. "City of New Orleans" (Arlo Guthrie)
2. "Africa" (Toto)
(Guessing this means I should travel?)

How will I be remembered?
"Old Man" (The Neil Young song, sung by Lizz Wright)

What is my signature dancing song?
"Condi, Condi" (Steve Earle. At least it has a boppy beat. . .)

What do I think my current theme song is?
"When My Mornin' Comes Around" (Iris Dement)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
"Eleanor Rigby" (as sung by Joan Baez. Great.)

What song will play at my funeral?
"Van Lear Rose" (Loretta Lynn. A kick-ass song!)

What type of men/women do you like?
1. "Here, There, and Everywhere" (as sung by Emmylou Harris)
2. "Eli the Barrow Boy" (The Decembrists)
3. "When I Was a Boy" (Dar Williams)

What is my day going to be like?
"The Man Comes Around" (Johnny Cash. Eeeeeeeeek! Armageddon is nigh!)

No comments: