- We now have a washer and dryer. A nice washer and dryer. It feels weird not to be pumping quarters into them after lo! all those many years of laundromat patronage.
- Mr. Trillwing has declared the dishwasher to be off-limits because it does not meet his exacting standards for clean kitchenware. Fortunately, Mr. T also happens to enjoy washing dishes, which I do not.
- Our oven, which is quite dated, proudly bears a logo proclaiming it was made by General Motors.
- My stovetop has led me to believe there's a reason the popular saying isn't "Now you're cooking with electricity!"
- Lucas likes to play chicken with our Roomba. Roomba always wins. Crying ensues.
- Roomba does not cry.
- I'm looking for a pet name for our Roomba. It's sage green in color. Please leave nominations in the comments.
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Random observations (household appliances edition)
Posted by Leslie M-B at 9:35 PM
Labels: I heart material culture
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
What about scooter?
Oooh, I have the sage green Roomba too. I don't have any suggestions for names, unfortunately, because I never could come up with a name for mine, and I still just call it Roomba.
I don't know if you are into Little Bear but how about Nofeet?
My stove was 'born' in 1968, it is as old as I am! It has the irremovable grease to prove it too.
Confession - sometimes I miss the laudromat!
Post a Comment