Friday, June 29, 2007

Eight thingies about me

I've been tagged for this meme by JustMe.

Rules
  • I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
  • Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
  • At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  • Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Random things


1. I am a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad singer. Still, I like to sing. Poor Mr. Trillwing!

2. I think I'm going to accept the invitation to teach a museum studies course at Small University Down the Road. It's actually a course in a museum studies certificate program I wanted to complete while ABD, but I didn't have the funds or time. And now I've been recruited (through one of my blogs, no less!) to teach for the program. I'm tickled.

3. In my first and second years of college, I attended three colleges in three states (Virginia, Iowa, California) in three semesters. It drove my parents crazy.

3b. The college in Iowa was fabulous. Although I'm still paying for it, it was worth every penny.

4. On the wall in front of me, there is a framed watercolor print of the Field Museum's T. rex "Sue." On our mantel is a tall figurine of a young Captain Kirk wielding some kind of ray gun. Guess who picked out each artifact? (Actually, Captain Kirk was my wedding gift to Mr. Trillwing.)

5. In the room where I'm sitting, there are 38 plastic or resin horses on the shelves. I'm more than a little bit embarrassed by this fact.

6. I have a betta fish named Bill, short for "Liability II." He blows bubbles, which I'm told indicates he is A Happy Fish.

7. When we picked up The (original) Liability from his weekend stay at The Wag Hotel, his report card said he is an "Awesome dog!" and we were informed by the handler that he is "a Lovebug Face." We're still trying to figure out what that means. We're just happy he came home without any seeping wounds, which is the usual case when we kennel him anywhere less expensive.

7b. We spend waaaaay too much money each month on the dog. Like $400 on average for vet care. We're crazy about him and he enjoys a very high quality of life (especially considering he's 14 years old), but now you see why we call him The Liability.

7c. You might be a middle-class American if. . . see #7b.

8. I keep a Costco-sized bag of semisweet chocolate chips in the fridge and eat them by the handful. Also good: melting said chocolate chips and dipping fresh strawberries in them. This treatment improves even those inferior strawberries that are the bane of my existence.

8b. You might be overweight if. . . see #8.

Tag--you're it. Yes, you!

No comments: