Sunday, April 23, 2006

Alphabet Trillwing

Seen many places, most recently at Lucy's.

Accent: Southern Californian. Not so much Valley, but some definite inflection and unnecessary words: "like," "I mean," etc.

Booze: Margaritas made with fresh strawberries!

Chore I Hate: Vacuuming. Blecch.

Dog or Cat: Dog. Kitties are cute, too, but if I had to choose, the dog wins hands-down.

Essential Electronics: Laptop. TV is handy for watching my favorite shows, but really the laptop is far more essential. Also: baby monitor.

Favorite Cologne(s): Allergens ahoy!

Gold or Silver: Depends on context. My wedding and engagement rings are gold, and I like them, though I didn't pick them out.

Hometown: the LBC.

Insomnia: If I'm in a manic dissertating moment, yes. Usually, however, I'm just sleep-deprived, courtesy of the little man.

Job Title: Mother, wife, dissertator, grad student. In roughly that order.

Kids: One, born last Labor Day, sense of humor intact.

Living arrangements: 2-bedroom apartment, shared with Mr. Trillwing, Lucas, and Woody Who Wears The Cone of Perpetual Dumbness. (He has to wear an Elizabethan collar much of the time because he's neurotic--certifiably so!--and licks himself compulsively. He doesn't seem to mind too much.)

Most admirable trait: Sense of humor?

Number of sexual partners: Pass! We don't discuss sex or cultural studies theory on this blog. TMI for too many people.

Overnight hospital stays: Once. One night of labor, two nights of recovery.

Phobias: Walking along sheer cliffs; fire (esp. explosions); discussing my sex life or cultural studies theory in a public forum.

Quote:
Beloved, gaze in thine own heart,
The holy tree is growing there.
William Butler Yeats, "The Two Trees"

Religion: None.

Siblings: One younger sister.

Time I wake up: Varies with Lucas's whims. If I'm lucky, Mr. Trillwing takes care of Lucas when he wakes at 5 a.m., and I get to sleep until 7:30 or so.

Unusual talent or skill: Being married to Mr. Trillwing.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Cauliflower, unless it's totally marinated in some yummy Indian sauce. No brussel sprout has ever passed my lips, so I can'd say whether I like those or not.

Worst habit: Slovenliness o' the office.

X-rays: Teeth, skull, spine. Bonus radiation exposure: My thyroid was irradiated when I was 17 years old.

Yummy foods I make: Pineapple upside-down cake; pear crisp; frosted sugar cookies; spicy eggplant foccacia.

Zodiac sign: Gemini. Folks in the know tell me I'm a classic Gemini, but I have no idea what that means.

No comments: