Thursday, April 27, 2006

Awwwwww. . .

Received this note from a student today following the midterm:

Professor Trillwing,

I just wanted to thank you so much for going to the bookstore and buying everyone candy for the midterm today. (Especially out of your own account). I have never had a Professor who is so concerned for the welfare of their students and the kind of education they receive. I appreciate the fact that you are not "out to get us". I also appreciate that you have chosen material that will be of interest to a majority of people. Anything and everything before the 20th century has always bored me and given me little interest in learning. also, Thank you for providing us with helpful resources and the option to work at our own pace in our own style. Thank you for a great class and again, thank you for the candy!

Best,
Student


Thoughts:

1. Who the hell else is teaching my students? Apparently those people seem to be out to get them. That's disconcerting.

2. Bonus points for calling me "Professor." Lots of 'em do that, even though I invited them just call me by my first name and have explained that I'm a grad student and only play a prof on TV.

3. Candy is the way to students' hearts, especially during midterm season. I took orders from students as the test began. Favorites: Starburst, Skittles, M&Ms, Twix.

4. This is the class that I thought was sucking. I guess I'm reaching at least one student. . .

1 comment:

Heather Clisby said...

I wanna be in your class! Well, actually, I kinda already am - virtually. I sit next to the tall redheaded guy who keeps making me laugh. Like I keep saying, it's his fault, not mine.